Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pizza Pantalon!

Things have been busy around here and I have some serious catching up to do!

Last weekend included typical but good chaos. On a personal note, I should give some background.  On an average day, the only person here to try out my creations is my boyfriend. However, his two teenage sons spend every other weekend with us. They will definitely be testing out many of the things that will appear on this site.

We had a lot of bread to be made into an unlimited quantity of grilled cheese sandwiches but it was the pizza dough that got everyone’s interest. I had been told that the dough I had made a few days earlier was very similar to a beloved “Pizza Pantalon” from Salerno’s, which is a popular pizzeria in Cali, Colombia, their hometown.  Pizza Pantalon is a Calzone. Not one to shy away from a challenge, I tried to recreate the sauce, got a consensus on what everyone’s preferred filling was and embarked on using the previously tested pizza dough formula to make Pizza Pantalon. I made the same quantity of dough but instead of making two pizzas, I made three calzones and one pizza. The end result was delicious! One had a ham filling, one had a mushroom filling and mine was another Margarita with tomatoes and basil and buffalo mozzarella. One Pizza Pantalon could easily have fed two people but we pretty much devoured our servings the same night, after which everyone was feeling fat and happy.

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment